Friday 6 March 2009

Abandoned Vehicles

One of the most tedious consequences of my short notice departure has been the need to decide what I am going to do about my increasingly large fleet of motor vehicles.

The recently acquired CR-V will of course get plenty of use and as a relatively new and recently serviced vehicle hopefully will not need much attention.  Likewise it should not be difficult to get the S2000 driven now and again, especially as more sun emerges.  The slightly unloved, by everyone other than me (!), Peugeot 306 has now reached 130,000 mls and is proving occasionally dificult to start but has provided sterling service over the years. 
 So he doesn't just get abandoned I have found some friends that need a vehicle in which to train their son to drive so little blue peugeot may get quite an exciting few months in my absence.

Lorry will be looked after by Andy and Chris and so shouldn't need anything special happening to it, fingers crossed!

The real sadness is my two wheeled friends and I can unfortunately find no better plan than to sell Mr Ducati and so he has now been accommodated by Motorapido who will do their best to sell him for me to be replaced with something interesting when I return - more on that later.  The trusty Honda CBR600F has always been fairly bullet-proof and I am sure will withstand sitting in the garage for 6 months and there my be a chance Chris will take it out for a trashing from time to time in my absence.

It is a real shame to have all these toys though and not be able to play with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment