Wednesday 11 March 2009

Opportunity Costs

Quite apart from being away from home and missing friends and family one of the key annoyances is that there are many things I will simply not be able to do whilst out in Manama.  There is the seperation from vehicles mentioned previously which really means no biking to do or to help with as in Sarah's No Limitz antics, no travel to interesting places (doing so for a few days is a whole different world from 6 months! - France, Germany, Canada, and India would have been on the agenda), no going to sea, no outdoor running ( I suspect though acclimatisation and at night may offer some potential, no home cooking or indeed visits to homes, no lawn mowing or emptying the bins - now we're talking!

I will get used to a change of life, one always does but the more I think about it there are quite a few changes to get my head around.

No comments:

Post a Comment